Saturday, September 10, 2016

Espresso Truffles!

Hey everyone I am back again! Today I made espresso truffles! This is a two-part recipe- I had to make espresso powder to put in the espresso truffles!

Espresso Powder-recipe from Bright Eyed Baker
  1. Preheat the oven to 175°.
  2. Take used grounds and spread them out on an unlined pan. (I also didn't spray the pan).
  3. Put them in the oven until cooked a little bit, I set mine for an hour.
  4. Then take the cooked grounds and grind them into a fine powder.
  5. Finally, make sure to put them in an airtight container for later!

 Espresso Truffles-recipe from Real Simple

Ingredients

  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon espresso powder
  • 1/2 pound of semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1/2 pound of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder


 Directions

  1.  In a saucepan, warm up the milk with the espresso powder, until just boiling. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate. Stir until there are no clumps and add the vanilla. 
  2. Transfer the mixture into a shallow bowl with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 4 hours. 
  3. Once the four hours is over, take a melon baller or something to scoop the mixture into balls.(I used a tablespoon and rolled it quickly in my hands, a melon baller would have been helpful!)
  4. Scoop the balls onto a cookie sheet, either lined with parchment paper or silicon sheets.
  5. Put back in the fridge for 15 minutes. 
  6. Then, roll the balls in cocoa powder and refrigerate until serving!


I hope you enjoyed my espresso truffle recipe! Until next time!
-Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment